Call for Special Session Proposals
The aim of the Special Sessions is to emphasize emerging topics not specifically covered in the conference main track. Special Sessions should highlight current topics related to scientific, technical and business issues in wireless communications and networking.
Special Sessions supplement the regular program of European Wireless 2020. They are intended to provide a sample of emerging topics state-of-the-art and highlight important research directions in a field of special interest to conference participants.
Each Special Session should be a focused effort rather than defined broadly.
SPECIAL SESSION REQUIREMENTS
The target for each Special Session is 5 accepted papers (minimum 4 papers). The following information should be included in the proposal (please address them in order in your proposal):
- Title of the proposed special session.
- Session Organizer(s) (please include: name, affiliation, contact information and a short biography of each organizer).
- Session abstract (including the scope and motivation of the selected topic, a the rationale for the proposed session).
- Draft Call for Papers (max 1 page)
- List of potential topics and contributors.
All papers will go through the same review process as the regular papers submitted to the main conference to ensure that the contributions are of high quality. If a special session has more than 5 papers being accepted, some of the papers might be moved to the regular paper sessions of the conference.
Proposals will be evaluated based on the timeliness of the topic and relevance to European Wireless 2020, as well as the track record of the organizers and anticipated quality of papers in the proposed session.
When considering submitting a Special Session proposal, please bear in mind that:
- Special Sessions can accept up to a maximum of 50% of submitted papers for oral presentation.
- All Special Session papers will be included in the European Wireless 2020 proceedings.
- Special Sessions might be cancelled in case of low number of submissions.
- Approved Special Session organizer(s) and Special Session chairs are expected to coordinate the review process.
Proposal submissions should be submitted to the Special Session Co-Chair by email as a single PDF, including in the email subject the tag [EW2020-SSES].
Special Sessions Timeline:
Proposal Submission Deadline: December 20, 2019 *** EXTENDED ***
Notification of Selection: Early January, 2020
Deadline for special session papers submission: February 28, 2020
Acceptance/rejection announcement: March 27, 2020
Final papers due: April 10, 2020
Contacts: Cristina Costa (email@example.com)
Please address all questions to the European Wireless 2020 Special Sessions Chair: firstname.lastname@example.org